Monday, August 3, 2009

A song to say goodbye

Leave me dreaming on the bed,
see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.
Keep this scene inside your head,
as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down.
And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow,
wearing a frown, like pierrot the clown.
Saw you crashing 'round the bay,
never seen you act so shallow, or look so brown.
Remembered all the things you'd say, how your promises went hollow,
as you threw me to the ground.
And if you're ever around, in the backstreets or the alleys, of this town.
Be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in pity,
wearing a frown, like pierrot the clown.
When i dream, i dream if your lips,
when i dream, i dream of your kiss,
when i dream, i dream of your fists,
your fists,your fists

Leave me bleeding on the bed,
see you right back here tomorrow, for the next round.
Keep this scene inside your head,
as the bruises turn to yellow, and the swelling goes down
And if you're ever around, in the city or the suburbs, of this town,
be sure to come around, I'll be wallowing in sorrow,
wearing a frown, like Pierrot the clown.
Oh god, it feels like centuries since I last wrote here!
Actually, it's been more than a month, which is not little at all. And what did I do?
Well, I made one of the best experiences in my life: I spent three, extraordinary weeks in Oxford with lots and lots of people from all over the world. I met wonderful people, I visited London, I experienced Brighton's incredible wind, I ate a huge chocolate donught, I made lots of stupid jokes with my mates, I sang lots of songs, I felt happy, I felt embarassed, I danced to horrendous songs and had a great time, I laughed, I caught an incredible amount of buses, I read a book in English, I shared secrets on a bus, I nearly cried after a phone call, I took plenty of photos, I shopped at Topshop, I felt I wanted to stay there, I climbed a hill in the night, I screamed in the park, I gathered with lots of people in the park just to secretely drink alcohol, I cheated on my age to drink a Long Island, I changed my mind about many people, I forgot I had another life in Italy, I ate cupcakes at Starbucks, I made friends, I added them on Facebook.
So yeah, lots of great memories. But it's over, and I'm sad about that but not disappointed. I'll never forget these three weeks, and I'm so happy I finally have my memories. I mean, something I don't share with my sister, or my friends. Something mine, something the others can't understand, it's just very precious.

And apart from that, Placebo in Milan in November! YAY! I'm so excited! Can't wait to buy tickets!

No comments:

Post a Comment